December is the time to look back and see what we have done in the past 12 months. In Prisync we invest a lot of time to be aware of the latest trends and news of ecommerce and consequently, we read a lot of articles. Today we want to remember the best ecommerce articles we found during our research in 2016.
- The Ultimate List of Ecommerce Tips: Levent Askan gathered this awesome list of ecommerce tips to achieve success. In our opinion (we can’t deny we like that man) one of the most comprehensive lists that are online right now.
- Marketing to Millennials: 5 Massive Trends That Are Leading the Way: Millennials is the word of the year in 2016 posts and this article is one of the best, since it explains the trends involved with this generation of users.
- An Epic List Of 47 Referral Programs: This article is great from a user’s point of view and that means we have a lot to learn from it. So, take a look at these referral programs and see if you can apply something similar to your business.
- 5 Examples: The Emergence of Omnichannel for E-Commerce Retailers: Disney, Starbucks, Sephora, Crate & Barrel, Walgreens…don’t you think there is something to learn from these big companies?
- The Definitive Guide to Drop Shipping with AliExpress: Drop shipping is a very popular marketing strategy and this article based on AliExpress has some interesting tips to apply.
- Ecommerce Shipping: Your Step-by-Step Guide to Shipping Profitability: If drop shipping is not the option you chose, then read this guide by Karen Baker and you will learn how to create your shipping strategy. She talks about the objectives and the way to achieve them.
- 3 Ecommerce Pricing Strategies That Every Ecommerce Company Should Know: Our CEO Burc Tanir explains that every ecommerce professional should know these 3 strategies when setting the prices of their products.
- 42 Pricing Tactics Based on Psychology & Neuroscience: Should you list the prices in a large font? With rounded numbers? You will find a lot of interesting answers here.
- 30 Ways to Slice Your Email Database for Better Email List Segmentation: Fantastic article in Hubspot about how to do email marketing properly. Sophia Bernazzani talks about all the factors one should take into consideration when making an email marketing campaign.
- Email Drip Campaign Tips, Examples, Statistics and Best Practices: Tips and stats, with an infographic included, to improve your email performance.
- Take Your Online Store from Average to Elite with Retention Marketing: A loyal customer is a treasure and Alex McEachern helps us to improve based on this fact.
- 5 Practical Social Media Marketing Strategies That All Ecommerce Sellers Must Know: Very good article by Aaron Agius about social media applied to ecommerce.
- How to Sell on Instagram: 5 Tips for Guaranteed Success: Instagram is a powerful selling tool for many kinds of ecommerce. Take a look at these tips to take advantage of it.
- 30 Beautiful Ecommerce and Creative Web Designs: It’s from the Shopify blog, so of course all of them are for Shopify, but they are really awesome. We are sure you will find one that is appropriate for your idea here.
- Shopping Cart Software: From the 3dcart team, a complete guide to understand how shopping cart software works, the types of shopping carts and how to choose the best solution for your ecommerce website.
- How to Grow Your Online Business with Content Marketing: We had Letitiah Obiri as guest writer and she offered us this great article about how to use content marketing to improve a business. From the basics to the outreach, she gave us a lot of valuable insights.
- Six Reasons: Why E-commerce Business Needs a Blog: Content is the king, right? Vincent Hill explains why in this article.
- Ecommerce Product Filters: Best Practice Tips for a Great UX: Greg Randall explains how a product filter should work to really improve user experience when navigating through an ecommerce website.
- How to Design an Ecommerce Checkout Flow that Converts: When selling online, checkout is the crucial step in which many ecommerce sites lose lot of sales. This article will help you to avoid that.
- How Understanding Psychology Can Help Increase Ecommerce Sales: We strongly believe in the application of psychology to marketing and this article explains how an ecommerce professional can take advantage of it.
- 16 Ecommerce A/B Test Ideas Backed by UX Research: In Prisync we love to analyze data and try new things. We think this is the best way to improve any performance and this article is about how to apply this logic to user experience. Highly recommended.
- 12 Tips for Maximizing Your Ecommerce Customer Service: When it comes to customer service, there is no doubt that in Zendesk they are experts. Live chat, FAQ, phone calls…do not hesitate to take a look!
- 125 Easy Tweaks to Optimize Your Website’s UX/UI Today: Here you will learn how to set the layout of your content with great examples that you can easily apply to your site.
- I Asked 913 People What They Thought About Exit Popups: Do you have an exit popup on your site? See how they affect user experience with this report.
- How to Optimize Ecommerce Landing Page to Skyrocket Sales: Tomas Laurinavicius offers some tips to make landing pages perform better in regards to conversion rate. From headlines to lay outs, this article is well worth the reading.
- 5 Lead Generation Ideas to Help You Increase Your Website’s Conversion Rates: This article by Lindsay Kolowich gives very good tips to improve the sales power of a page. She explains where to put call to actions, how to use popups, and much more.
- What I Learned From Analyzing 12 Million Customer Reviews: Customer reviews are an essential part of conversion rate, because they create trust among new buyers. This article is an awesome analysis of them.
- How to Maximize Sales from Abandoned Carts with Cart Regeneration: Why did they leave without buying? What can you do about it? Read the answers here.
- 17 Untapped Backlink Sources (Updated): Backlinking is one of the basics of SEO these days and this article offers some different ways to get them.
- 14 Advanced SEO Tactics That Your Competition Doesn’t Know About: Maybe saying that the competition doesn’t know them is too optimistic, but this article by Neil Patel has really useful insights about SEO.
Holiday Season and New Year
- 150 Years of Best Holiday Campaigns: We are sure you can get some good ideas from these awesome campaigns for your future ones.
- 4 ecommerce marketing trends you can expect to see in 2017: Abie Davis gives us these 4 trends as a complement for the Ecommerce Marketing Trends Report Ometria, developed by asking some experts. He will explain us how he sees marketing automation, technology, omnichannel and social media as the keys for next year’s success.
If you find this list useful, do not hesitate to subscribe to our blog, because we are going to continue publishing tips, news, and ideas about ecommerce so you can follow the latest trends with us!