Hoi, e-commerce Gemeenschap! We worden geconfronteerd met het weekend voor een drukke en warme zomer week, de hoge temperaturen verschijnen snel en overal, maar dit is niet het stoppen van het nieuws. Hier zijn we met onze wekelijkse e-commerce nieuws te houden u bijgewerkt over de e-commerce-universum. Laten we eens kijken wat er gebeurd afgelopen week. Geniet van!
- India’s e-commerce world is at war! The competition in this already big market is becoming larger and larger. At the end of last week we had the CEO of RedSeer Consulting pointing out that gross merchandise value has fallen between 5 en 10 % in India during the second quarter of 2016. U kunt read here about it. Later this week, we received the news that Flipkart and Paytm are struggling to enhance user experience by making payments easier and safer to compete with Amazon. Lees hier meer. Tot slot, the competition is also affecting affiliate programs, and the major players in Indian e-commerce marketing are trying to cut the costs related with them. Lees hier meer.
- Amazon partners with Shell to put Amazon Lockers in Shells’ oil stations in Germany. This is just a test, but it is a proof that Amazon wants to be closer to the final customer, offering more convenient locations for everybody. Lees hier meer.
- Zalando will sell its products from its competitor sites. It is currently selling shoes on Asos, but planning to sell other products on Amazon and Tmall as well. If it works well, it could be a new ratchet up for e-commerce with competitors becoming partners, though it is not clear how it will affect competition. Lees hier meer.
- E-commerce in Colombia rose 32%. We are always looking at Asia as the future of e-commerce but Latin America certainly has something to say about the subject. Colombian e-commerce generated more than 750 miljoen euro. Lees meer over Colombia e-commerce numbers here (in het Spaans).
- UK customers prefer quality to deals. A survey conducted in May showed that UK customers are more loyal to businesses who provide quality than to the ones offering deals. Lees hier meer.
- Users still don’t trust online banking as a secure practice. The distrust increases with age, met 78% of customers over 55 years old being concerned about mobile banking security, including e-commerce sites. Lees hier meer.
- New Chinese online ad regulations are scheduled to take effect on September 1St. The new Chinese regulations set as mandatory that publishers know who their customers are, verify any credentials they give and verify the ad content. The importance of these regulations is not only related to the size of the Chinese market, but also the possibility that they will likely influence other countries’ future regulations. Lees hier meer.
- Mothercare launched a new website aiming to become a leader in children- and parenting-related products in the UK. Online purchases currently account for about 40% of total business sales. Lees hier meer.
- Prada, the luxury fashion brand, has reported a decrease of 15% inkomsten, the worst results since 2011. Sanford C. Bernstein says it is due to the lack of investment of the brand in online marketing and a website. Natuurlijk, the Chinese crisis is also a very important contributing factor. Prada’s objective is to double e-commerce sales over the next two years. However they are not planning to sell clothes online. Lees hier meer.
- And also in Prisync we have had Edward Leake explaining how to How to Boost herhaal het bedrijfsleven door raffinage van uw e-commerce ervaring, we discussed E-commerce meet ups en de Indonesian market, and gave you tips about Hoe krijg ik een kans van winkelwagentje stopzetting in E-Commerce.
That’s all for now. Zoals u zien, e-commerce continues to move quickly, with competition getting harder every day. And now we are facing the end of the year with Christmas and December as the big month for many e-commerce sites, due to the tradition of giving presents and the availability of free time for shopping. If you want to be updated, just visit our blog regularly and you will find news, tips and analysis about everything related to e-commerce.