Hello e-commerce folk! There is much interesting news waiting for you this week. We hope that your week is going as you wanted it to be. Busy schedules are our common problem but we know how to catch up with the e-commerce news. Prisync presents the weekly news that will accompany your coffee and only 5 minutes of your day. Let’s start!
- Rocket Internet has shaken the fashion sector with its latest announcements. The valuation of Global Fashion Group was estimated at around 2.8 billion but Rocket Internet has cut its valuation around 1 billion which caused Sweden’s Investment AB Kinnevik to lose 3% in Stockholm.
- 6th annual Mcommerce Summit is happening on the 5th of May in New York! There are many exciting trends coming up in the mobile commerce market. Mobile is becoming more and more common in online transactions and it is important to be a part of this big change.
- Amazon Vendor Express is a system where Amazon buys the products from the sellers and deals with all of its merchandising, customer service and shipping. This way the sellers get to expose their products to a big selection of customers from all around the world. But how it is done and what are the details?
- Content marketing is one of the most popular and most successful approaches that will increase your conversions. In order to maximize that, you may want to look at a few things we have put together for you. Your relationship with your customer can be enhanced, your brand can be popularized and your business can be the best.
- Amazon’s Prime members in San Francisco are very lucky. Prime Now Restaurant Delivery of Amazon expands its services to San Francisco. Amazon offers its services for free but only for a limited period. Amazon’s declaration of war to the food delivery services around the States is exciting.
- New recruitment is taking place at Wallmart. Jordan Sweetnam, who was vice president of seller experience in eBay until recently, is becoming the new vice president of global product for Walmart Global E-commerce. How will this affect Wallmart’s plans to expand its marketplace business?
- Launching your e-commerce business is the most exciting experience you will ever have. While you are doing so we’d like to remind you of a few legal points you might need to look at. E-commerce law is heavily affected by international trade laws and if you are conducting your business internationally you might want to check it out.
- The Chinese government has banned all foreign media and publications without the government’s approval in February. As a result, Apple has been ordered by the government to shut down its iBooks and İTunes Movies services in the country.
- Alibaba’s Tmall.com is China’s largest online marketplace. Lots of cross-border transactions by big companies are taking place through it. China is a growing market and Tmall.com definitely helps with that.
- Product photographs are a big part of getting the attention of your potential customers. Having a good product description is very important however the photographs require you to be a bit interesting. White backgrounds are very common but, they borderline on becoming boring. Learn about how Zara, Revolve and Free People have changed this into their advantage.
Keeping yourself up-to-date with the new developments in the e-commerce market will ensure your success.